RO

Posted on Jan 30, 2022
My favorite brand in iHerb for pork rinds

I was rather worried this chili lime will have too much citric acid in it like the salt vinegar flavor from other brand, turned out this brand still have balance word in their recipe book. It has citric acid but not over the top, just a bit sour to complement the spicy, not too spicy too. I have to say the other brand Salted butter flavor also really salty but I could bear the saltiness, their sourness is a torture for my tongue. So that's why for me this Epic brand is my choice for pork rinds in iHerb, weight more than the other brand too with same price, if you're lucky enough you could get big chunk of rinds like in my pic, lol.

d95259c5-f9d8-404e-a089-791b6e5873cf
35ee1afc-7339-417b-8272-56fd3c3418df
f0279e70-7a03-4956-9544-821a0cb9fdb3
Posted on Dec 27, 2021

These pork rinds are super SPICY ,so be careful. If you like spicy things then this is going to be the healthiest snack for a movie ever. They are extremely delicious and have 40% less fat, which is a bonus ,in my opinion.

Posted on Jun 12, 2021

okay literally everything this brand makes is great. i mean they have over a dozen flavours and you can tell that apprpriate market research went into every single one. love this brand and i follow the co-founders (tom and lisa bilyeu) which have given me high confidence in their product, their brand authenticity and their high quality customer service. will definitely be a repeat customer!!

Posted on Dec 14, 2021

Excellent and clean, sustainably sourced paleo snack. They are all good but we like the black pepper flavor best.

Posted on Aug 4, 2021

I have been doing strict, "clean" keto (which for me means dairy free, gluten free, organic, mostly plant based whole foods only with some animal protein) for a little over 3 months now and there are certain products that really make it so much easier to stick to it. During my early days, I found a lot of recipes for tortillas and wraps that call for pork rinds as a binding agent instead of flours or cheeses and quickly realized that most (pretty much all) pork rinds sold in stores are at very least fried (which is HORRIBLE for your health - I could go on and on about this but just take my word for it) and at worst are full of additives and ingredients that make them anything besides the "healthy" low carb keto snack that they're touted to be. I found these at a local Whole Foods and was thrilled to see that they are BAKED not fried with very minimal ingredients which in this flavor is just pork skins and Himalayan pink salt. HOORAY! I now have these in my Amazon subscribe and save for monthly delivery so I can use them to put in my food processor and make my homemade tortillas and wraps with them. The flavor is great! I will occasionally snack on a few, but mostly I use them ground up in other recipes. My only complaint is that usually about 1/3 of them are rock hard and dark (see pic of light and fluffy on the left and rock hard on the right). I don't know if this is a common issue with pork rinds in general or these specifically, but those ones are nearly impossible to eat or grind up in the food processor. For how expensive these are and how small the bag is, it seems like an awful lot of waste for the money, however it's a price I'm willing to pay because I have yet to find another baked pork rind ANYWHERE, let alone ones without added ingredients. The only other thing that could make these better is if the pork skin were sourced from organic, naturally raised pigs, without any hormones etc., but I realize that's asking a lot haha. In general I'm very pleased to have found these so I can cook with them. They also make a great substitute for panko bread crumbs. I can definitely recommend if you're on keto or are just trying to eat/snack more cleanly or more low carb! I hope this review has been helpful!

Posted on May 9, 2021

Do you enjoy a little zip and crunch combo? This Epic Baked Pork skin is amazing. Love to crumble on my salads & it also makes a good coating for chicken to air fry.

Posted on Dec 13, 2020

I am not a fan of pork rinds myself, but I bought these for my adult so who is a long-time fan. I was intrigued to see these are baked & he loves all things chili lime. He ate them in one sitting! I think that speaks volumes!

Posted on Mar 4, 2021

These are good, but I did not enjoy the chili lime flavor combined with the pork rind flavor. Try the sea salt & pepper flavor, if you really like the taste of pork rinds, like I do.

Posted on Aug 19, 2022