RO

4.8
iHerbCustomer
Posted on Dec 26, 2022
Effective, agreeable Vitamin D3

Bluebonnet is one of the few makers of Vitamin D3 in a 1,000 IU potency. Because I like to split my daily intake of D3, this enables me to take when I need it most without over- or under-dosing. And I-Herb is one of the few places where I can get this size without backordering. I use this brand because it's been effective in powering up my immune system.

Posted on Sep 21, 2022

avoid vitamin D supplements from lanolin due to an allergy. To my knowledge, Bluebonnet is the only vitamin D on the market that is derived from fish oil instead. (Be sure to read the label as Bluebonnet makes both lanolin and fish oil vitamin D!) It can be difficult to find and a lot of retailers don't realize that there is a difference -so I'm thankful that iHerb offers this product. D3 is one of the best things to help with that “virus” we all know about. Living in a cold climate causes us to stay in more in the cold weather & little did we know that we were deficient in D3. Thankful to Bluebonnet for fixing that issue. And it was a bonus that the quantity is higher than some other vitamins from them.

Posted on Jul 8, 2022

Previously, we used to take vitamin D3 of vegetable (lanolin) origin. But when the analysis was done, it became clear that my vitamin index remained as low as it was. Our doctor recommended taking vitamin D3 from fish oil. It's true that we haven't given a new analysis yet. But I feel more cheerful than before.

Posted on May 8, 2022

I have chosen this D3 because it is made from fish liver oil. D3 made from lanolin is chemically processed. I have swapped brand because the other brand's claim of their D3 being made of fish liver oil was not true (made from lanolin). Hopefuly this D3 is realy from fish liver oil.

Posted on May 21, 2022

This seems to be working for me really good. I'm so glad that it doesn't come from lanolin, which has lots of chemicals when made. Nice, tiny softgels!

Posted on May 16, 2022

Blue Bonnet is a good vitamin company and order came as ordered

Posted on Jan 30, 2022

I was taking another Vitamin D that you need to dissolve on your tongue. I like that this one I can swallow down with water, and I take it in the mornings and find I have a bit more energy for the day.

Posted on Jul 10, 2022

great product! fully corresponds to the description!

Posted on Nov 9, 2014
6,656

I bought this previously when the carrier oil was soy and the softgels were 'normal' sized and was unimpressed with the product. While re-scanning through the vit D options available on here more recently, I checked this one again, noticed the carrier oil has changed to safflower and decided to try them once more. On receipt of the product, I've found the softgels are at least half the size they used to be, which means less 'other' ingredients. They no longer contain soy and in my opinion are perhaps the most hypoallergenic option around that is not derived from lanolin. I like that Bluebonnet always clearly note any allergens in their products and also specify what allergens their products are free of - user friendly. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Posted on Dec 28, 2009

I like this because they explain exactly how it is made. Just as UV from sunlight creates D3 in the oils of human skin, UV does the same when applied to lanolin, the oil from sheep wool. I was concerned because I'm allergic to lanolin, but have no reaction to this product. It seems to be pure D3, not lanolin. I take this along with a tiny amount of olive oil, because vit D is oil-soluble, and I think this dry product gets digested better. It's important to take vit D if taking calcium - people should research this connection. There's no purely vegetable source of D3, and D2 is debatable. This D3 doesn't violate vegetarianism, because it's just oil from the wool, and this product has veggie caps. A great improvement over fish liver oil.