RO

4.3
  • S
Sara
Posted on Aug 27, 2022

Scent is good. The hold is good enough for me since I have fine curly hair. But it’s very liquid-y for a gel and I have to use more product to get the hold that I want. So this gel won’t last as long as my other gels lasted.

fb859a6b-2c4a-4c5c-a383-49d099c16e92

I have 2b 2c mixed hair and new to CGM! not big fan of strong tropical fruits scent (because I don't want my favourite perfumes to mixed up🥺) but this one is subtle compared to other brands products and goes away in no time when hair is fully dry. I think I'd be happy if it has more quantity because I need to use a lot each time☺️ Ingredients are CGM safe too if your hair is ok with glycerin. Doesn't moisturise my hair much so I apply leave in first then use this gel for making defined gel cast. Picture is taken after I got home on a very windy day so it's appeared to be frizzy, but I was so happy to see my waves were defined more than using few other stuffs I bought so far. Currently waiting for custard textured gel from sheamoisture so I wanna see how it's different!!

85382bbe-75aa-4d20-95a3-d7da2e060fdd
Posted on Apr 1, 2022

OMG!!!!!! I put my wild curly hair up in a bun because it had been rained on so frizzzzz galore! I slicked it back with this gel and it worked so incredibly well! Not a hair out of place and it smelled amazing. The following morning I didn’t even need to add any gel. Just a splash of water reactivated it! Absolutely LOVE it! Will be buying again! Also does not leave any sticky residue or flaking

ae35f5a9-3fe8-4328-9677-a697c6c0ee50
59e32d79-5cbb-44b3-8d75-81288047aaad
Posted on Feb 13, 2022

have thick curly hair that tends to fluff. this gel tames the fluff well. I am happy with The brand Shea Moisture because it is 100% natural and girly girl proved. (CG) after your usual ritual of washing, conditioner, rinse your hair, leave in wet hair, then this gel. possibly finish by kneading a few drops of hair oil into your lengths. brilliant shine and bouncy curls is what you get from this Gel, The scent is great too , I love Shea moisture products. Would buy again

Posted on Sep 26, 2022

Very very nice smell, but be careful when you opened because it is not thick enough very watery, good i ues for my daughter and son to set there hair, it won't let the hair fly especially the frizzy one Nice i like it i well buy it again for my kids.

Posted on Feb 11, 2022

I had previously used the coconut oil gel from Shea Moisture, but I prefer this one slightly due to its ability to last a bit longer. Like most of their products, it smells lovely and is gentle on my hair, while still doing its job. My hair tends to be frizzy and this really helps it. Took one point off just because I have to use a bit more than I wish to in order to tame my hair.

Posted on Sep 1, 2021

Love love love the smell!! Reminds me of my childhood where my dad would peel mandarin oranges for me during CNY. I have very dry 2a hair and currently doing the CGM to bring out my waves. Saw many reviews on YouTube that this gel is very crunchy and hard but it works like wonder for fighting frizz as I live in a very humid, tropical country. Blind buy but worth it.

d05aa314-bd94-4a85-90bf-a8a365903f4a
2217059d-e897-4554-8c6b-ffdc5c5a9165
73f67abf-510a-4873-b26c-8b26c4c92437
Sam
Posted on Aug 26, 2022

I'm on the fence about this gel because it smells delicious, doesn't leave a hard crunchy cast on my hair, and does a decent job of defining my curls...but for some reason, it doesn't have a ton of slip. In other words, I found it hard to spread through and over my curls. I guess I'm saying that I prefer a more slippery-textured gel. I do like to scrunch this gel into my curls, though. I'd probably repurchase it, but since there are so many gels to try on iherb, I'll keep searching for the unicorn.

Posted on Oct 23, 2022

I really like this gel, smells heavenly and hold my curls beautifully without the annoying crunch. I just wish there was another similar gel for the Jamaican castor oil line.

Posted on Sep 8, 2022

Really nice milky consistency that I find super easy to apply! The hold has been great, it’s lasted for almost a week on both washngos