Silver bullet for acne

Posted by AJayShelley on Nov 06, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This has helped my acne immensely. I love it. I've been on benzoyl peroxide for a few months and it cleared me up a lot. Once I introduced this my face got so much clearer and redness reduced due to the anti-inflammatory properties of salicylic acid. It also has helped my bacne a lot aswell. It is drying on my chin and nose so I don't use it there but it's fine everywhere else. Be smart with this product if it dries out an area too much, only apply it for a short time or use moisturiser. Don't stop using altogether cause if your smart you'll benefit greatly from it. Its great to use it at night when I'm too lazy to wash my face and apply bp, keeps me clear. If you like my review please press yes below :)

can be used with or without toner

Posted by dingdongtwid on Oct 25, 2014 | Verified Purchase

the pads to go for especially for acne prone and oily skin. use it after the toner and let it dry before putting on your daily moisturiser. i cut it in half and even that it is enough to cover my whole face.

Drying but Works Effectively!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 05, 2014 | Verified Purchase

These were super drying so I would suggest using them at night, before you apply a moisterising cream or oil. The pads are pretty big and there's a lot of liquid in them. It could probably be used 10 times before it gets dry (just as an example of how wet they are - I wouldn't reuse them). I do like the effect they have and recommend for people with acne or have acne prone skin. This would be too drying for people with normal skin. All in all, it is very effective. You will see results within the first week of using it (I use it 4 times a week but I am sure you can use it every night if you have severe acne). It's a shame there's only 90 pads, I would suggest cutting them in half.

Not bad, not bad at ALL!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 08, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This product has been really effective. It really dries out existing pimples. However, I have learnt that this MUST be used sparingly. It is so drying that you can end up with raw, inflamed, red skin. I would like to give this a 4.5 (if I could) just because of the excessive drying aspect to it. However, it works better than most of the products I have tried. And I have tried A LOT!!!! As long as you don't excessively rub the wipe onto your acne and use it sparingly, you will get the results you are after. I was a little too heavy handed with this in the beginning because it says you can use it up to three times a day. I really wouldn't recommend this, because I did and it really damaged my skin. My skin isn't super sensitive and I had issues with this. Just use this before bedtime and be patient :) Could be used in conjunction with the Grandpa's Thylox Sulfur Soap Bar if your skin can take it. Good luck to all other acne sufferers out there! Acne is not fun, but I've learnt that some of the best products are actually the least expensive. Who knew?!?!

Best acne product I've used

Posted by Adelyn on Dec 02, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Prior to buying this I've always had this misconception that products that truly tackle acne must be expensive, a rarity or not even on the market. So many products have not worked for me in the past, some have unfortunately even worsened my acne. However, this product completely proved me wrong. For only less than 10 bucks you get a box of 90 pads that are super effective against fighting acne as well as last you a while (making your money worth). If you examine its uses on the product listing, the product boasts to "reduce the number of acne pimples and blackheads and allows skin to heal", as well as helps prevent new acne pimples from forming. I have definitely seen a reduction in new pimples. Acne is caused by clogged pores (sebum, dirt, dead skin cells) and acne-causing bacteria, both which can lead to inflammation. These pads work by helping to eliminate those bacteria and unclogging pores, thus treating acne. Usually I see very bad acne breakouts right before my period, but with these pads applied on my skin twice a day, my skin has been surprisingly calm (and my period is due in 2 days - what a game changer this is!). My old scars have also been healing and they are definitely less noticeable! I am so happy I bought this and I have already placed my order for a few more boxes. My only regret is not discovering Stridex earlier, and spending a ton of money on acne treatment masks, oral and topical treatment which have been ineffective at treating my acne. Some more tips - using a comedone remover for a DIY facial helps with acne (if you do it properly), and exfoliation is VERY important (because you're helping your face get rid of buildup of dead skin cells, but use a proper scrub too).

Easily the best acne product available

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 07, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have very dry, dehydrated skin and I was worried that this would dry my skin out even more, but nope! Cleared up all my persistent pimples, and after a few months of use I can see that a majority of my acne scarring has faded. Highly recommend, it's one of the most popular acne products in America. 10/10

Please comeback :((

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 14, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Stock them pleeeeeeeeeeeeease.I can't live without it

Great and affordable!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 24, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Great for all over the body, I use one on my face and one on my back once a day after cleansing, then wait 20 min and apply moisturiser, a must as BHA can be a bit drying! This was great for blackheads where an AHA exfoliant wasn't cutting it.

Good to use.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've purchased and been using this product about 2 weeks ago. It touches soft, and smells good. I'm using glycolic acid product and sulfur product for acne care, and with these products, this pad works well. I highly recommend this one for acne control. Unless you have very sensitive skin, it won't irritate you. Instead of using toner, try this one.

Staple in my skincare regime.

Posted by yvlogs on May 05, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This brought all the gunk from my pimples straight to the surface overnight. I use these every third day with my very oily skin. The pads are very saturated, so when I've used the pad on my face, I then use it on my shoulders and back. My back was a nightmare and now it's totally clear, while my face is definitely showing signs of improvement in tandem with oil cleansing. Very impressed with this product, especially for such a reasonable price. Remember to wait about half an hour before applying your moisturiser over top! Chemical exfoliation requires an acidic pH and if you add additional products, you negate the exfoliant.