A Wonderful Korinjte Cinnamon

Posted by LessSugarNaturally on Mar 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I only get spices from three sources....my garden, my local amazing tea/spice specialty store or from Simply Organic. Why? Simply Organic does not sell any products or use any ingredients that have been irradiated. They use cryogenic grinding instead of normal grinding where temperatures can reach 200 degrees, damaging heat-sensitive components. This cinnamon is my favourite. Simply Organic uses a high quality Korinjte cinnamon which is the same cinnamon that Cinnabon uses in their buns. Very sweet and fragrant. I love the glass bottles and they have a best before date so you know it hasn't been sitting on the shelf for years.They’re the perfect size for freshness. You really need to buy spices in small fresh quantities. I also like that Simply Organic gives 1% of their profits to support organic farming causes. I live in Canada and have received all of my iherb orders within 2 weeks. Feel free to check out my other detailed reviews on products like stevia, baking staples and low-toxicity beauty products and do let me know if you found this review helpful :)

Great flavor but not the Ceylon Cinnamon!

Posted by PurplePegasus on Jul 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I bought this thinking it was Ceylon cinnamon but it's not. I found out this is Saigon cinnamon. Further research has been inconclusive to uncover whether Saigon cinnamon also has high levels of coumarin and is as toxic as cassia (regular cinnamon). At any rate it's the most delicious cinnamon I've tasted and I sprinkle it on all my fruits to counteract hypoglycemia and insulin resistance

Tasty, but..

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 09, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I use quite a bit of cinnamon so I decided to try to find the best one I could. After reading reviews I decided to buy this one and the Frontier Natural Products Organic Ceylon Cinnamon and compare them with each other. I put two small heaps on the back of my hand and compared their taste. I have to say that this one was initially incredibly tasty, far better than the ceylon, however it was followed by a slightly irritating sensation on the tongue. I was a little disappointed by this less than ideal combo, but the initial taste was so good. However, after a few minutes I noticed that the place on my hand where the Simply Organic Cinnamon had been was getting red and started to seem like a rash. From this I conclude that for me, this is not ideal for consumption because of the reactions from my body. I'm not trying to talk the product down, I'm simply stating what happened. I also want to emphasize that this was the reaction I had, and it might be different for others, so experiment for yourselves :)

Flavoursome

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Have been taking a lot of cinnamon lately. I like this product but would like the label to list what plant it comes from as there is a lot of confusion about the purity of cinnamon these days.

Not bad

Posted by lyikoRU on Feb 22, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Not bad but not the best. It has a slightly bitter taste like "false cinnamon" – cassia.

Sweet cinnamon !

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My oh my, sweet cinnamon of mine. Finally, I found cinnamon for me. The undertaste has sweetness, this is what is true cinnamon for me as an extended memory from childhood. If you want a very good cinamonn, try this one. Very minimalistic, stylish bottle. I simply like it and concenient for not overdosing while powdering it on your food.

Great Taste and Very Versatile

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I use it as an immune booster by mixing 1tsp with 1tsp of honey and adding hot water. Got to get ready for the Winter.

Best Cinnamon

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 09, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I use a lot of cinnamon... I feel I have tried them all. I think this is clearly the best tasting cinnamon by far

Every morning

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 24, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I use every morning in my Oatmeal , just love it !

Maravillosa!

Posted by artemisa on Mar 17, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Compré esta canela por recomendación de una conocida. Es cierto que el sabor es muchísimo mejor que los botes de especias típicos del supermercado, merece la pena. Además el bote es estupendo y reutilizable.