impressive

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 21, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Iherb, please keep this in stock! It was on backorder for me, took a few weeks to come in, but it was worth it. Cleared by skin up (from stubborn breakouts) in just about a day. Leaves my skin feeling smooth, and the sultry fragrance lasts on my skin but is not overwhelming. It is not irritating to my facial skin, even if I scrub it thoroughly. Never have I been this impressed with a soap. A little bit can go a long way. The 'scrub' beads seem to be for decor more than exfoliation though, so don't count on it for that, though the texture feels nice.

misleading, dissappointing, do not buy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 15, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This product is NOTHING like the African Black Soap bar that it originates from. Unlike the seemingly similar African Black Soap bar, this body wash smells like a mixture of baby powder and play-dough. You have been warned. Also, for those with sensitive skin, this product is a no-go because for some stupid reason they added salycilic ACID which only makes my skin red and irritated. I was so disgusted by this body wash that i threw it in the garbage can immediately. what a waste of ten dollars. Nubian Heritage, you're doing it wrong!

Worth A Try...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 03, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is the first black soap product i have ever tried and i am not sure what is the original black soap like... there are a few reviews here that commented on the scent of the product being bad and unbearable but i think otherwise. I like how there's a mild lingering vanilla musk kind of scent after shower. So if you dont like the smell of vanilla and musk... then this is not the product for you. Not so sure yet about it's antiseptic properties as i just started using. It lathers well and does not dry skin out.

im in love

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

So I first tried the mango body wash by Nubian Heritage and after that I have been totally hooked. . .and now that I have tried the Black Soap. . .I know that forsure that this will be something that I will always buy for the rest of my life. . .the smell does remind me of Playdoe though lol. . .but I love that smell. It reminds me of when I was wee lil girl lol.

Awesome

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

The smell is interesting, a little reminiscent of playdough--but this soap is one of the best I've ever used. Keeps my skin hydrated, clear, and feeling really really smooth. The sensation when using this soap is quite wonderful.

Learned to like it...

Posted by MasksOffMasksOn on Jul 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I bought this product to help me with a small acne problem I have on my back. In the Shower I used it on my whole body. While I did notice some change and improvment with my acne, I felt that it dried up some other parts of my body- like my arms, legs and belly- in some parts it dried my skin and made it peal, This is really weird since I've never had a sensitive skin type . Now I make sure to use it ONLY on my back area, and My skin gets better. About the smell- I really don't mind of it, I even think it's nice. I'm not sure I'd recommend this to other people for I don't want to be responsible for other's skin problems caused by using this product.

Very promising, little delivery, smells funky

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is a very weird soap. It's supposedly helps fight body acne, but does very little of the sort. After using for about a month as my primary soap and fighting the funny smell, i can tell with full confidence that this soap does absolutely nothing.

Black gold

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Smells wonderful and nourishes but hasn't had any effect on my acne. I use it with bristly sponge to wash my upper back and chest are acne-prone.

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 15, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Just used this for the first time and found it a very nice product. It has a pleasant smell -- sort of spicy vanilla --but not cloyingly so, and, it left my skin feeling soft and moisturized. As far as I am concerned, that is all that one can ask of a shower gel. I will definitely continue using this gel.

Nourishing product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 12, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I love this product. It's gentle to the skin, and has cleared up my body acne and nourished my acne scars. My skin is sensitive to everything, but not this product. Most people complain about the scent. At first, it was a bit strong, but it brings me aromatic benefits now and calms me down. I will say though that it the pores on my face. I do the oil cleansing method, so I wouldn't suggest using this on your face if you do too.