Good and affordable vitamin c serum

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This was my first ever vitamin c serum purchase. Having suffered from melasma and sun-induced hyperpigmentation from pregnancy, I was looking for an organic and affordable vitamin c serum. Mad Hippie seems to tick all the boxes, with ferulic acid added too. To be honest, when I first tried it, the morning I woke up my skin looked slightly irritated (redness). So I immediately stopped using it. But I've recently given it a try again after 4 months' absence, and I'm starting to love the results. I must say that it's not an overnight result, and I also apply spf30 sunscreen religiously everyday. But after 1 month daily usage I've noticed tightened pores and an overall brightening (not much, but noticeable). It has not completely faded the acne scars or sunspots. I guess as with all skincare, you have to be patient and continue to protect your skin from the sun with high spf sunscreen. I do also feel that my skin feels tighter now. I only apply this in the morning before my moisturiser and spf, to give extra antioxidant protection from the sun. With regards to application, it glides on very smoothly on skin, and I only need to use 3-4 drops for my face. I think 1 bottle may last me 6 months. It has not caused me any breakout.

Love this!

Posted by organic on Jun 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Just a big drop will cover my face and neck. Lightweight, sinks in well, smells nice to me and keeps my face hydrated and radiant.

Serum cuidado del cutis

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Se absorbe muy rapidamente, no deja sensación de pegajoso. Contiene principios activos muy beneficiosos para la cara. Excelente serum.

good vit c

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 16, 2016 | Verified Purchase

good vit c. brightening but not whitening.

Good basic serum

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 15, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I love the floral scent of this serum, but it is rather pricey. They should state the % of vitamin c in this serum. I find that this isn't as effective as the home one I make, but in a pinch for lazy periods I use this.

It works

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've been using this on my face for about the past week or so and it's brightened up my complexion a good deal. It is a lot thicker than most serums, so you don't need to use very much. And I haven't noticed any irritation/redness/flaking. The only thing that bothers me is the smell - it reminds me of one of those super-strong smelling glade air freshener plug-ins. Seriously. It's too strong. So I have to knock a star off for that. I'm going to use up the rest of the bottle and hopefully the good results will continue.

Good as always!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 13, 2017 | Verified Purchase

It's my second bottle and i'll keep buying it! Good feeling, hydrates the skin and not expensive.

Good product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 01, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Recommended

I added to my face lotion

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 11, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I used it daily at bed time .GOOD ..but there is much better Vit C brand I tried before

nice serum

Posted by Nesja89 on Feb 27, 2017 | Verified Purchase

my face looks healthier and brighter. I also eat better recently, what should be also mentioned and considered to be one of the reasons.