Love This Serum

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 19, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I bought this serum because I ran out of another one I was using. I've been pleasantly surprised by the results, as I really was not expecting anything. I have noticed a definite brightening of the skin as well as fading of red spots left by scarring. This serum goes on smooth and absorbs fast. It does not have a strong smell and I'd recommend to those sensivtive to fragrances. It doesn't have any weird chemicals listed in the ingredients. I will continue to buy this when I run out.

Great vitamin c serum texture for all skin types

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have acne-prone skin with old acne-scars and can't tolerate many vitamin c products that would mainly remain sticky or greasy at skin surface and sometimes even clog my pores. This vitamin c serum's texture is just incredibly light, fluid-like, that doesn't stay sticky afterwards. I use it mainly in the morning before spf, for added protection and antioxidants, and sometimes in the evening. My skin now looks healthy enough after 3 months of regular use. I will definitely buy this product again

Good and affordable vitamin c serum

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This was my first ever vitamin c serum purchase. Having suffered from melasma and sun-induced hyperpigmentation from pregnancy, I was looking for an organic and affordable vitamin c serum. Mad Hippie seems to tick all the boxes, with ferulic acid added too. To be honest, when I first tried it, the morning I woke up my skin looked slightly irritated (redness). So I immediately stopped using it. But I've recently given it a try again after 4 months' absence, and I'm starting to love the results. I must say that it's not an overnight result, and I also apply spf30 sunscreen religiously everyday. But after 1 month daily usage I've noticed tightened pores and an overall brightening (not much, but noticeable). It has not completely faded the acne scars or sunspots. I guess as with all skincare, you have to be patient and continue to protect your skin from the sun with high spf sunscreen. I do also feel that my skin feels tighter now. I only apply this in the morning before my moisturiser and spf, to give extra antioxidant protection from the sun. With regards to application, it glides on very smoothly on skin, and I only need to use 3-4 drops for my face. I think 1 bottle may last me 6 months. It has not caused me any breakout.

Best Vitamin C Product on the Market

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've been using Mad Hippie Skin Care Products for a while now and this is one of my favorites. Changes in the seasons, living on the east coast, and working outside does a number on my skin. The Vitamin C serum definitely works. I noticed a difference in the first few weeks of using this product. I used to buy this at the Whole Foods near my house, but on www.iherb.com the price is lower. I would give it six out of five stars if I could. Mad Hippie Never Disappoints!!!!

Boo!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 21, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I was expecting so much from this iHerb best seller serum, however, it brought nothing but disappointment to me. It hasn't brighten my skin up, it hasn't moisturized it nor has it healed faster blemishes that I got after climate change due to a flight. I have been using this serum since I got it in August - and it was so much anticipated - but I am surprised in a negative way. Oh, and the smell is awful. Nevertheless, I am the one who tries to be objective about treatments, so I will definitely update my review if somehow this product starts to behave.

My Favorite Serum

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've been using this vitamin C serum for about 6 months and it has helped so much with the skin discoloration I had. I'm so glad I recently found it on iherb for such a great price!

Love this serum

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 18, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This is by far the best vitamin C serum I have used. I have used several vitamin C serums in the past, and sadly none of them yielded the results that their vitamin C serum claimed to do. After fighting acne for many years (and still am), it left me with many scars and just when I was about to give up on vitamin C serums I decided to give this one a try and I am glad I did. It does not clog my pores or break me out. Instead it helps to minimise my pores a little and had helped heaps with my post-acne scarring. Overall my skin looks healthier. Love this serum.

High quality serum and not so high price

Posted by eathealthy on Apr 21, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This serum goes on easily and soaks in to my skin quickly. You don't need to use alot just a little. I purchased this serum because of the quality ingredients which are anti-aging such as stable vitamin C and hyaluronic acid. Both of these things are recommended by Dr. Oz to help look your best! The vitamin C also works synergistically with sunscreen SPF. Simply apply prior to putting on your sunscreen and it will amplify the protection from your usual sunscreen. I'm tempted to try other Mad Hippie products are using this serum! If you like my review check out my page by clicking eathealthy in blue above to see reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb!

amazing!!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Oh my lord =) I love this serum. It absorbs like a dream. If you put too much it may be tacky, but once you get the hang of it of how much to put on the skin it absorbs immediately. I love the smell too. And most importantly u love the results. It has magnesium ascorbyl palmitate which is amazing for the skin, something that unfortunately the Avalon organic vitamin c vitality serum stopped putting in their new formula (yet they still call it vitamin c serum?). I found this as an alternative, and it is a thousand times better and more effective! I'm haapy :)

Nice addition to my hyperpigmentation-fighting arsenal

Posted by blancmange on Sep 06, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I was reluctant to try any more vitamin C serums since I irritated my skin with a homemade vitamin C serum (ascorbic acid + distilled water + glycerin, don't try this at home). Tempted by a 20% Mad Hippie special and good reviews, I ordered it. I don't know if it's this serum, or the retinol cream or the vitamin B3 + glucosamine serum I have been using, or the synergy of all these actives, but my skin looks better than it has in years. My melasma is still there, but definitely lighter. The overall skin tone is more even, breakouts became rare and I stopped using foundation. Since my face soaks it up too quickly if I use it alone, I just mix a few drops of this serum and a drop of almond oil in my palm and spread over my face and neck.