A Novel Vitamin A Serum that Hits the Breakthrough!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 18, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Different from other Vitamin A serums that usually include retinol and retinyl palmitate as the derivatives of Vitamin A, Mad Hippie Vitamin A Serum utilizes retinyl retinoate, a new retinoid precursor and vitamin A derivative that reportedly combines high effectiveness, favorable side effect profile (e.g. low capacity to produce skin irritation) and good stability (compared to other vitamin A derivatives and retinoids). In a 2010 Korean split-face study, researchers have demonstrated that 0.06% of retinyl retinoate is enough to produce the greatest improvement in wrinkles, skin roughness and other parameters, better than better than retinol based on objective measurements as well as subjective reports of the study subjects and less irritating than retinol as well! Mad Hippie Vitamin A Serum has 0.3% of retinyl retinoate. Use half a bottle now and it works fantastically on my face :) I can see overnight promising results every time I apply it the night before, with more radiant and smooth skin in the next morning. I can also see some obvious and newborn wrinkles begin to fade away from my face. :) and it is powerful yet so gentle that I have no irritation on my face (I used to have redness or itchiness when I used products with retinol). This serum is definitely worth recommended to everyone who wish to stay younger by removing all signs of aging. :)

will buy it always!

Posted by ElenaReviewer on May 06, 2016 | Verified Purchase

When I found this serum with retinyl retinoate here with this price I immediately put it into my cart! I wanted to use serum or cream with this component for a long time, but other brands are expensive for me. (you could compare Obagi and VI Derm). I've asked customer support on MadHippie web site about concentration of Vitamin A. Their respond is:" In response to the query about the Vitamin A, we use a form of Vitamin A called retinyl retinoate, a unique form of vitamin A that is 1 metabolic step away from the active form of vitamin A in the body. This means that it is twice as bioavailable as retinol, the most common form of Vitamin A found in most non-prescription Vitamin A products. It has been shown in studies to be effective at reducing wrinkles & signs of aging at a concentration as low as .06%. We use .3% in our Vitamin A Serum." When you start use it, you could feel your skin become more dry and thin, don't stop using, just wait about 3 weeks or so, use rich moisturizing cream and enjoy new quality of your skin. Please, protect your skin from sun with sunblock.

One of the best retinol serums if not the best

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have used it nightly for over a month now and my skin has never looked so radiant, luminous, and just healthy. Although, it says on the bottle to use it every other night, I used it every night , followed by Sarah Chapman overnight facial oil-serum . I recommend applying this on a damp moist skin for better absorbtion and penetration into the skin. The only thing I would add is that I wish it comes in an air tight pump bottle because retinol is notoriously unstable.

indifferent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 10, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I used this product along with the vit C serum and the face cream and together they have made my face very radiant smooth and soft. While I can pinpoint the benefits of the vitC serum and the face cream I'm just not sure if this product has made a significant impact on my skin as in I didn't see a difference if I did or didn't use it. On the plus side it didn't irritate my skin at all and it left my skin feeling smooth but that's all. It isn't oily neither did it break me out in fact it absorbs quite quickly into the skin but for the price i just expected more I guess. I've used up an entire bottle not sure if I'll come back to this serum but I think I'm going to try the exfoliating serum instead and see how that one works for me.

It works just like any other top-rated Retinol products without the irritations!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 30, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have sensitive skin. I usually stay away from the retinol products because I get tired of constant skin peeling! Thank God for Mad Hippie's Vitamin A serum!! Now I can get all the benefits of retinol without any side effects!!

My skin looks better every morning

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 25, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I use this at night before moisturizing and every morning I wake up and see a difference in the clarity of my skin. It helps get rid of break outs too. I've never had any irritation from the sun while using it. I've bought this about 3 times so far and it has not disappointed me. I am now a loyal fan of this vitamin A product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 26, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Please read the instructions before use: It can only be used every other day when starting out. Then after your skin has adjusted you can use it every day. It cannot be used with the exfoliating serum (go to Mad Hippie's website under FAQ's). This serum is almost like a milky consistency and is absorbed really quickly. I use it in conjunction with the vitamin c serum by Mad Hippie which I also love. The vitamin A serum has really helped with fading my acne scars which is the reason why I bought it. I can also see that when I use the vitamin A serum with the vitamin C serum together my skin glows in the morning and feels really smooth. I have been using this serum two nights (not in a row) for two weeks and I have currently started using it every night and I can see that my breakouts have dramatically reduced and also my skin looks so much healthier.

Effective and affordable Vit A serum

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 28, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have not used any Vit A or retinol serums before, so before I splurge on an expensive brand, I thought I'll give this a shot. I love the floral and fruity scent of this serum and it has a nice light texture that absorbs quickly into my skin. I see improvements in a week! My skin is smoother and the pores are less obvious. No need to purchase a more expensive brand, I will repurchase this!

Great serum

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 02, 2015 | Verified Purchase

My face look less winkle after 2 weeks I used that serum.

I love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 26, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I bought this serum as I have some light acne scarring on my face and back and know that Vitamin A helps with skin pigmentation and renewal. I have been using this for a little over a week and I can already see results. These scars have been on me for months and are now slowly fading. Great absorption, light feeling and comfortable. Don't hesitate if you want it for the same reasons I did!