Formula Changed...No Good Anymore

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 07, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have purchased this product in the past and loved it. Everyone would always say how good it smells. Our house would even smell nice after using it in the washer. Loved it. I just purchased it and to my surprise it is completely different. The packaging is different, which is not a problem, but the smell is completely different. It used to smell very nice and natural before. Now it smells like chlorine, literally. It has a very chemical-like smell now. How can that be natural? And how can iHerb display a photo of the old bag, while shipping something completely different? After comparing the old bag with the new one, I see that the ingredients have changed. Also, the old bag said "I'm GMO free!" The new bag does not say GMO free anywhere. From what I can see, the following ingredients have been added to the new formula: - sodium bicarbonate - sodium chloride - sodium metasilicate - tetraacetylethylenediamine - sodium dodecylbenzene sulfonate - citric acid - protease enzyme blend (subtilisin) - lipase enzyme blend Whatever the change, it has made it smell like chemicals, obviously the opposite of what you'd want from a natural detergent. Why the change? And why the old photo, iHerb? Very misleading. Very disappointed with iHerb.

Not Very Impressive

Posted by HawaiianViking on Feb 22, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Vetiver is one of my favorite scents and so I was excited to find this "Vetiver"-scented laundry detergent. Upon opening the bag, the product doesn't smell much like Vetiver, and when taking my laundry from the dryer, there's no scent whatsoever. Moreover, this detergent wasn't even so great at cleaning my laundry. I'll finish off the bag of this product that I purchased, but I won't re-order it. In the future I'll return to my usual laundry detergent and I'll go back to adding a small amount of Vetiver essential oil to my laundry's rinse cycle.

Posted by Strelka on Jul 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

superīga, neuzbāzīga smarža, labs mazgājamais.ērts iepakojums, ekonomisks

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I`m very happy i`ve ordered this detergent, nice smell,well washing and i will purchase again, it is better than detergents we have in the shops :-)

The best powder!

Posted by naturalsgirls on Oct 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The best powder! Washes for five-plus, very fragrant linen and additional air conditioning is not necessary. I will still take it. Like the scent of magnolia powder.

Very good natural smell, removes stains, economical

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I am really very happy that I found this product! It really removes even old stains, when buying 60 loads - very economical, natural... Will buy again (other flavours too)!

A convenient form

Posted by Sholik on Jul 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

first tried. very convenient to use - add a package of laundry in the drum (load 5 kg). washes well, unobtrusive scent. ever buy

disappointed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 28, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Love vetiver and gardenia scents. We have a front loader, and this really didn't seem to clean well so our clean laundry smells dirty. Checked w our cleaning lady she uses 2 pods each load so I'm a bit lost as to the reason

Love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 31, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Love the smell, cleans well. like the convenience of pre-measured packets.

very good

Posted by VentVert on Jun 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

smells like a good perfume and cleans very well