Good Amount of Vitamin D3

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Mar 29, 2015 | Verified Purchase

These capsules are small and very easy to swallow. 5,000 IU = 125 µg vitamin D3, the best form of vitamin D, has been the right dosage for me all year round, although I am quite small in size. I have measured my blood serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, 25(OH)D three times and now in March 2015 my test result was 141 nmol/L = 56.4 ng/ml. My test result was now at optimum level which is 125 - 150 nmol/L = 50 - 60 ng/ml when you are taking enough Vitamin D. I will continue with the same dosage 5,000 IU daily to keep my vitamin D level right. There is no need to worry about overdosing because the tendency for serum 25(OH)D to rise when the starting level already is higher is very gradual. If you found this review helpful, kindly indicate that by clicking on the Yes Button, thank you.

My Bottle Says Virgin Olive Oil!! Not soy

Posted by SherryB on Dec 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have taken this D3 because it contained olive oil not soy oil. In fact the bottle I have indicates olive oil and "contains nothing other than listed ingredients". The information listed now indicates "soy oil" on iherb, but the Dr. B website indicates olive oil. I still think this is a good product. I will write iherb to investigate the product.

My blood test level of Vitamin D was lower after switching to Dr. Best

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 28, 2017 | Verified Purchase

For what it is worth, I used to take Nature's Way vitamin D, 5,000 iu and my blood test after 6 months or so was 54. I switched to Dr. Best because I ordered their Vitamin C, however, this last blood test my vitamin D level dropped to 31. It was the same potency of 5,000 iu. So I am disappointed in these results and just re ordered the Nature's Way again.

Fine

Posted by klinacz on Aug 23, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This product delivers 5000 IU per little softgel. I think it is a good product however I won't buy it again. If you need to take little pills due to their size, this will be good for you but I prefer Healthy Origins Vitamin D3 because their softgels are bigger with more fat carrier which I believe enhances the bioavailability of this fat soluble vitamin.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 30, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Very tiny gel pill.

It represented what we thought our patient needed.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This was ordered for a 92 year old alzheimer's victim, and along with other alternatives seems to be making a difference in memory and lack of confusion. The softgels are not as easy to get her to swallow as we expected. She has chewed it in her mouth and spit out the "skin", but we think she is still getting enough to be a viable help.

Dosage too high which is harmful to the body!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 28, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Dr Best products normally are on hi dosage! And this Vitamin D is 5000 IU. It came to my knowledge that hi dosage is usually more than 2000 IU is harmful to the health & this one is 5,000 IU. MADNESS!! Do not take this thing for long-term basis meaning above a year!

D3 deficiency

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Take to boost vit D3 levels, usually take Healthy Origins brand. These seem good too, use extra olive oil in caps & no other junk in ingredients & great price.

Effective little pill! ♥♥♥ Click on my username for more reviews!

Posted by gettingwell on Feb 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I love the small size of these and my blood work shows that they are working! These are great if you want a smaller bottle. Doctors Best has great products and I love that iherb gets them to me in 2 to 3 days.

muito bom

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 03, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Vitamina essencial pro dia dia, pra quem não toma muito sol ajuda muito ao organismo.