What Is CocoCardio? Cordyceps and the Benefits of Dark Cocoa
CocoCardio is a 100 percent natural dark cocoa powder. This premium healthy cocoa contains Rapid Zone dried beet juice powder and full-spectrum concentrated water-soluble Hibiscus extract. CocoCardio has additional benefits including the following:
- No added sugar
- No Dairy
- No gluten
- No added colors
- No artificial sweeteners
- No animal-derived ingredients
- No Soy
- No GMOs
Dark Cocoa Helps Promote Heart Health
The cocoa in CocoCardio is rich with antioxidants called flavonoids. These flavonoids may be beneficial in promoting heart health, which means that the flavonoids in cocoa have the potential to prevent heart disease.
Another health benefit of cocoa is that it may possibly lower cholesterol. High blood pressure can lead to negative health problems such as heart attack and stroke. Cocoa flavonoid works to try to decrease the bad LDL cholesterol. It may increase the good cholesterol called HDL too. Diabetics can also benefit from the flavonoid found in CocoCardio because the antioxidant works to try and regulate blood sugar by resisting the hormone insulin.
The dark cocoa in CocoCardio is certified organic and made to exacting standards. The natural process allows the cocoa to retain higher levels of polyphenols. Polyphenols, which are micronutrients, may be great for the body because of their antioxidant activity. Polyphenols have one taste drawback: In the Reishi mushroom, they give it a bitter taste. The higher the number of polyphenols, the more bitterness.
What Are Cordyceps?
Cordyceps are mushrooms from Tibet and China. They are oddly shaped. Nicknamed the "caterpillar fungus," the mushroom grows out of the sides of trees. Once thought to be a worm, it is actually a fungal spore. The spores kill insects and feed off their tissue. In China, cordyceps were used as a tonic for many medical conditions such as digestion issues, lack of stamina, lack of energy and sleep. Cordyceps became popular in the west after Chinese female runners credited the mushrooms with their extraordinary success.
Some CocoCardio benefits include the performance and energy that cordyceps ingredients give. The mushrooms in the cocoa powder may provide an energy boost.
Adrenal glands are vital to healthy energy levels. When a person suffers adrenal fatigue, they will feel overworked and unable to perform simple activities because of low energy. Cordyceps may help maintain healthy energy levels, mental and physical performance and optimal sleeping patterns.
Brain fatigue happens periodically. It is caused by stress making a person’s brain tired. Over time, this can become a chronic inflammatory condition. Whether it is chronic or acute, it can cause impaired memory, mood disorders and cognitive acceleration. The latter means a person may make judgments quickly and without rational thought. Cordyceps may help improve brain function. It may also lower inflammation in the brain and the symptoms of chronic brain inflammation. It could improve nerve cell formation in the brain as well. Research shows that cordyceps may reduce brain degeneration and help cognitive and memory function.
Blood sugar can be difficult to manage when a person has diabetes. Diabetes occurs when the pancreas cannot properly provide the body with adequate insulin. Cordyceps may improve insulin secretion in the pancreas. It may also reduce the amount of oxidative stress the body. Oxidative stress is one factor in insulin resistance.
Reishi Is an Herbal Mushroom
A Reishi mushroom, also called "Lingzhi," comes from China. A fungus, the mushroom has been around for thousands of years and grows on wild plum trees. It is known to have a bitter taste. The mushroom is soft with an ear-shaped cap and a cork-like texture. It ranges in color from black to red-orange according to the type of Reishi mushroom it is.
The Reishi mushroom has plenty of health benefits found in CocoCardio such as helping boost the body’s immune system. Other uses for the mushroom include treating asthma, aging, trouble sleeping and stomach ulcers.
Reishi acts as an antioxidant. This means it fights both inflammation and oxidation in a person’s body. Studies show that it relieves the symptoms of depression and anxiety. Reishi may also assist in improving kidney, heart and liver support.
Healthy Cococardio Dark Cocoa and Mushroom Recipes
CocoCardio is great for everyone, including vegetarians, and it doesn't have added ingredients like sugar that can make chocolate unhealthy. Since it is a cocoa powder, a person can add one scoop to 4 to 8 ounces of hot or warm liquid such as water along with sweetener, if desired, or create mushroom coffee. Some people may use a scoop in certain drinks such as coffee. The following recipes are delicious treats that enable anyone to enjoy the benefits of CocoCardio.
- 1 ¼ cups of CocoCardio powder
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¾ cup of walnuts
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a little of the coconut oil to grease a 9 x 13 glass or aluminum pan.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Add to the dry ingredient the butter, eggs, coconut oil, walnuts and water, and stir the mixture together.
- Pour batter into the greased pan and spread from corner to corner.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until done by testing with a fork or toothpick.
- Cool the brownies for 45 minutes before serving. The recipe makes approximately 10 brownies.
Cocoa Lover’s Ice Cream
- 2 cans of coconut milk, refrigerated
- ½ scoop CocoCardio powder
- 1 cup honey or maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
- Combine the coconut milk, CocoCardio powder, salt and honey into a bowl and mix thoroughly or use a blender if desired.
- Use an ice cream machine to freeze the ice cream mixture about 30 minutes.
- Test the ice cream for thickness; if the ice cream sits up on the spoon, it is ready.
- Place the ice cream in a freezer container and let freeze for 3 to 5 hours to make sure the ice cream is firm. The recipe makes about 1 quart.
Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie
- 1 banana
- ½ scoop of CocoCardio powder
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup nonfat milk
- 3 Tbs. honey
- ½ cup of fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 cup of ice
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend the contents until the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Pour the smoothie into a tall glass. Serves one.
Soft Golden Cupcake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 ½ cups of brown sugar
- 2 scoops of CocoCardio powder
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 ½ cups sour cream
- Preheat at 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, CocoaCardio powder and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, and add in the lemon zest.
- Add to the cream mixture the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add sour cream one cup at a time, stir in well.
- Pour batter into papered cupcake pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until done.
- Cool for 20 minutes before removing the cupcakes from the pan. Makes approximately 24.
Hot Lemon Drink
- Combine the honey, lemon juice and cocoa powder into the boiling water.
- Stir the ingredients together until the honey is dissolved.
- Pour into coffee cups and serve hot.
Using CocoCardio Can Complement the Health Benefits Associated with Cocoa
More research studies show that the heart can benefit from dark cocoa. Its antioxidants may decrease the risks of heart disease, other cardiovascular medical conditions and some diseases. CocoCardio is a premium cocoa powder to add to beverages and foods for better overall health. It may have a bitter taste because of the dark cocoa. However, adding maple or other types of sweeteners helps decrease the bitter taste.